The Cards Accounting Officer is responsible for the Card Business Group’s books of accounts by checking the accuracy of recording/ booking of daily transactions, and checks the accuracy and timeliness of reconciliation and ensures snags/ complaints are acted upon within the prescribed standards.
He/She will be assisting the Department Head in the review and formulation of accounting policies and procedures as needed for new initiatives/ projects to ensure compliance and establishment of proper controls to counter risks and possible losses, and will be in charge of the preparation of accounting reports for submission to various parties and regulatory bodies.
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCY)
- Degree in an Accounting or Finance related course, preferably a CPA.
- 3-5 years experience in Credit Card Operations specializing in Accounting/GL Reports.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Comprehensive understanding of card business, background in Credit Card Operations, Financial Reporting, ability to prepare various reports and presentations in Microsoft Office, Time Management, Familiarity with Card Association rules and regulations, and Tax.
- Internal – Cards Business Group, Controllership, Branches, Compliance
- External – CCAP, 3rd party vendors, BSP, payment scheme partners, External Auditors