The Data Scientist uses analytical, statistical, and programming skills to collect, analyze, interpret large data sets and drive data-driven solutions to business challenges.
- Formulates and leads multifaceted analytic studies against large data
- Interprets and analyzes data using exploratory mathematical and statistical techniques based on the scientific method
- Coordinates research and analytic activities utilizing various datapoints (unstructured and structured)
- Employ programming to clean, massage, and organize the datain order to properly communicate their analysis and conclusions
- Experiments against datapoints, provide information based on experiment results and provide previously undiscovered solutions to command data
- Coordinates with Data Engineers to build data environments providing data identified by Business Analysts and System Analysts.
- Contributes to the analysis of business problems, helps determines root causes, and recommends data-driven solutions
- Defines company data assets (data models) and defines the appropriate processes to populate data
- Works closely with all business units and engineering teams to develop strategy for long term data platform architecture.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Advanced analytical knowledge of data
- Skilled in data analysis and data management
- Programming skills related to data management
- Skilled in developing algorithms
- Skilled in predictive analytics
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- At least a Bachelor of Science degree in Operations Research, Management Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or related fields
- 3-5 years of professional experience in data management
- Proficient with one or more programming languages (Java, C++, Python, R, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience applying data science methods to real-world data problems
- Experience utilizing visualization tools to take advantage of the growing volume of available information