The IT Audit Unit Head assists the IT – IAD Head in the conduct of review and evaluation of the design
and operating effectiveness of controls over IT operations, units and projects and it’s compliance with
established policies and procedures of the Bank, as well as laws and circulars issued by the various
- Assisting the IT – IAD Head in determining the planned auditable IT operations, units and projects
for the year;
- Supervising the actual audit work for his/her assigned IT Audit Unit;
- Assessing the adequacy and effectiveness of the auditee unit’s internal control system and
recommending control enhancements to preclude control breakdown and possible occurrence of
- Reviewing the Internal Audit Report (IAR) and ensuring that the IAR clearly express Internal Audit’s
overall opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of the system of internal control/s and the
efficiency of performance of the activities being reviewed;
- Appraises the adequacy of corrective action taken by the auditee to improve deficient conditions;
- Reviewing the monitoring of corrective actions taken and to be taken by the audited IT operations,
units and projects to fix the control deficiencies noted during the audit activity;
- Conducting consulting engagements (such as review of new products, policies, & programs);
- Giving suggestions on how IAG can further improve the efficiency and effectiveness of its
processes and operations;
- Evaluating the performance of Audit Officers, Supervisors & Assistants;
- Performing special assignments as may be assigned by the Chief Audit Officer or IT Audit Department Head from time to time.
Must be a graduate of Bachelor of Science in Accountancy or other related fields
(i.e., Bachelor of Science in Computer Science), and preferably earned related
certifications (e.g. CISA, CISM, CRIS), a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or a
Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
Must have at least three (3) years audit experience gained from external auditing
firm or internal audit of other banks with supervisory experience.
Strong background in IT banking operations / processes is also favorable.
Good oral and written communication skills, highly analytical and resourceful.