Under general direction of the IT Security Head, the Senior IT Security Engineer will be responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance, and support of IT Security Solutions to secure current and future hardware, software and/or network systems on-premise and on cloud. This position will have a strong focus on IT Security solution design and implementation. This role is considered a key position within the IT Security Division.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Detailed design and implementation of IT Security work efforts, e.g. secure network design, detailed design, and implementation of IT Security systems, etc., as well as providing security subject matter expertise within ITG or outside ITG and business teams.
- Monitor and investigate security breaches and security violation when one occurs.
- Implement IT Security Solutions for Cloud Services (SaaS), Cloud Infrastructure (IaaS), and Cloud Application Platforms (PaaS).
- Research the latest information technology (IT) security trends.
- Develop security standards and best practices for the organization.
Preferably BS Computer Science or Management, BS Computer Engineering or Electronic Engineering, or equivalent.
- 8+ years and up cumulative experience specializing in IT Security administration
- At least 3+ years of Network, Infrastructure, or Security administration experience desired.
- At least 3+ years of experience with Linux/Unix or Microsoft technologies including Windows OS and Windows networking.
- With cloud experience
- Demonstrated experience implementing, configuring, tuning, and performing in-depth analysis in IT Security and any Security related tools.
- Demonstrated experience in a Data Loss Prevention System (DLP) and an Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR).
- Demonstrated operational experience with Next-Generation Firewalls, Endpoint Security Tools, Server Security Software, and Data Encryption Solutions.
- Demonstrate an understanding of high-level strategies to prevent an attacker from causing further damage to the company after discovering the incident.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures supporting multiple branch office/retail locations.
- Demonstrated experience in IT Security project engineering, integrating, and implementing infrastructure technologies & services, and related technologies.
- Knowledgeable in security best practices including Privileged access security, IAM, encryption, OpenSSL, SSL certificates, system hardening, etc.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.