At Robinsons Bank Corporation (the Bank), trust has always been the foundation of our relationship with our customers. Customers trust us with their financial and personal information and it is the Bank’s commitment to protect and safeguard this information.
WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. We also collect your personal information when you interact with our employees and authorized representatives. This may include, among others:
- Basic personal information like your name, date of birth, gender, nationality, address, and identity supporting documents such as government ID details;
- Your contact details like billing address, telephone number, mobile phone number and email address;
- Specimen signatures;
- Employment and Business details;
- Images via CCTV and other similar recording devices and processes which may be observed when visiting our offices and/or using our other facilities; and voice recordings of our conversations with you; and
- Account transactions, movements, and interactions with third parties such as merchants (e.g., utility companies, etc.)
USES OF INFORMATION
Robinsons Bank Corporation uses the information collected to deliver and provide the products and services that you have availed to:
- approve, facilitate, administer and process applications and transactions;
- respond to queries, requests and complaints and improve how we interact with you;
- communicate with you, including sending of your statements and/or billings, administrative communications about any account you may have with us or about future changes to this privacy statement;
- design new or enhance existing products and services provided by us;
- perform demographic and behavioral analysis to understand market's needs, wants and trends to be able to improve and recommend suitable products and services;
- personalize the appearance of our websites or mobile app and include location-based services such as finding the ATMs or branches nearest to you;
- communicate with you regarding the Bank’s products and services information, including offers, promotions, discounts, rewards; advisories and for personalizing your experience with our various touch points such as branches, ATM, telemarketing, email, SMS and other marketing channels;
- perform certain protective safeguards against improper use or abuse of our products and services including fraud prevention;
- comply with our operational, audit, administrative, credit and risk management processes, policies and procedures, the terms and conditions governing our products, services, facilities and channels, Robinsons Bank's rules and regulations, legal and regulatory requirements of government regulators, judicial and supervisory bodies, tax authorities or courts of competent jurisdiction, as the same may be amended or supplemented from time to time.
- comply with applicable laws of the Philippines and those of other jurisdictions including the United States Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA), the laws on the prevention of money laundering including the provisions of Republic Act No. 9160 (Anti-Money Laundering Act of 2001, as amended (AMLA) and the implementation of know your customer and sanction screening checks
- comply with legal and regulatory requirements such as submission of data to credit bureaus, credit information companies, the Credit Information Corporation (CIC) (pursuant to RA No. 9510 and its implementing rules and regulations), responding to court orders and other instructions and requests from any local or foreign authorities including regulatory, governmental, tax and law enforcement authorities or other similar authorities; and
- Perform other such activities permitted by law or with your consent.
Further, if you are, become, or apply to become a client of our parent company and any of our subsidiaries and affiliates, Robinsons Bank Corporation, its parent company and the subsidiary/ies and/or affiliate/s concerned have the option, but not the obligation to, rely upon, use, and share your relevant personal and/or account information for any of the following purposes:
- to facilitate your account opening or application with the concerned subsidiary/ies or affiliate/s;
- to validate, consolidate or update your customer information records and/or credit history;
- to provide consolidated billings, deposit or investment summaries or other reports as you may request;
- to send you advisories, reminders, announcements, promotions, offers, invitations and other notifications;
- to enroll you in loyalty or similar client-oriented programs of the Robinsons Bank;
- for research purposes or to design banking, financial, securities and investment or other related products or services for your use;
- to comply with a legal obligation to which Robinsons Bank or the concerned subsidiary/ies or affiliate/s is subject.
We may transfer, store, and/or process your personal data outside the Philippines. In doing so, we will comply with the Data Privacy Act and its implementing rules and regulations.
Robinsons Bank Corporation may dispose or delete in a secure manner any such personal information in the event that such personal information is not, or no longer, necessary for the Purposes. The Bank will reach out to our customers for additional consent before using the same personal information for other purposes.
HOW AND TO WHOM WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION (THIRD PARTIES)
Robinsons Bank Corporation will not share your personal information with third parties unless necessary for the above-mentioned Purposes and unless you give your consent thereto. Such third parties may include Robinsons Bank Corporation’s business units, parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, outsourced service providers, and other third parties. Information will be shared to ensure the following:
- Business Units – to better understand the way you use our products and services. This will allow us to improve our services and offer you opportunities to obtain such other useful products and services that may deliver greater value to you;
- Parent Company, Subsidiaries and Affiliates – to offer you additional products and services that we believe you might find interesting;
- Outsourced Service Providers – to support us in delivering our services to you. These may involve anonymous or aggregated information to help improve our products, services, and content; and
- Third Parties – this may include government regulators, judicial, supervisory bodies, tax authorities or courts of competent jurisdiction and, in the process, gain additional information about you. We engage third parties for the following reasons:
- Verify your personal information
- Assist in business operations
- Complying with legal requirements such as court orders
- Addressing fraud, security or technical issues, to respond to an emergency or otherwise to protect the rights, property or security of our customers or third parties
- Carrying out all other purposes set out above
Any personal information shared with such third parties shall also be covered by the appropriate agreement to ensure that all personal information is adequately safeguarded.
We wish to assure you that we do not, and will not, sell personal data to any third parties. All our engagements with third parties shall be fully compliant with our obligation of confidentiality imposed on us under the applicable agreements and/or terms and conditions or any applicable laws that govern our relationship with you.
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
Cookies are small pieces of text used to store information on web browsers. Cookies are used to store and receive identifiers and other information on computers, phones, and other devices. Other technologies, including data that we store on your web browser or device, identifiers associated with your device, and other software, are used for similar purposes. In this policy, we refer to all of these technologies as “cookies.”
For customers who are minors (below 18 years old), it is the responsibility of the parent/s or guardian/s to read, understand and be bound by the Terms and Conditions. It is the parent/s or guardian/s responsibility to explain to the minor the use of the products and services. Robinsons Bank Corporation is free from liabilities which may occur from the use of the account, products and services.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Robinsons Bank Corporation takes reasonable steps to make sure that all personal data we collect, use or disclose are accurate, complete, and up-to-date. We have implemented technological, organizational and physical security measures to protect your personal data against loss, misuse, modification, unauthorized or accidental access or disclosure, alteration or destruction. We put in effect safeguards such as the following:
- We keep and protect your personal data using a secured server behind a firewall, deploying encryption on computing devices and physical security controls;
- We restrict access to your personal data only to qualified and authorized personnel who hold your personal data with strict confidentiality;
- We train our employees to properly handle your information; and
- We require our Third Parties to protect personal information aligned with our own security standards.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may write to our Data Protection Officer at:
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
Robinsons Bank Corporation
17th Floor Galleria Corporate Center
EDSA corner Ortigas Avenue
Quezon City Philippines