At Robinsons Bank Corporation (the “Bank”), trust has always been the foundation of our relationship with our customers, employees, third-party vendors, and business partners (“Stakeholders”). Stakeholders trust us with their personal and financial information, and it is the Bank’s commitment to protect and safeguard this information.
WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the practices and services you have with us. We also collect your personal information when you interact with our employees and authorized representatives. This may include, among others:
- Basic personal information like your name, date of birth, gender, nationality, address, and identity supporting documents such as government ID details;
- Your contact details, like billing address, telephone number, mobile phone number, and email address;
- Specimen signatures;
- Employment and Business details;
- Images via CCTV and other similar recording devices and processes which may be observed when visiting our offices and/or using our other facilities, and voice recordings of our conversations with you; and
- Account transactions, movements, and interactions with third parties such as merchants (e.g., utility companies, etc.)
USES OF INFORMATION
Robinsons Bank Corporation uses the information collected to deliver and provide the products and services that you have availed to:
- Fulfillment, delivery, support, and maintenance of Robinsons Bank facilities, products, and services;
- Approve, facilitate, administer, and process applications and transactions;
- Respond to queries, requests, and complaints, and improve how we interact with you;
- Communicate with you, including the sending of your statements and/or billings, administrative communications about any account you may have with us, or about future changes to this privacy statement;
- Design new or enhance existing products and services provided by us;
- Perform demographic and behavioral analysis to understand the market's needs, wants, and trends to be able to improve and recommend suitable products and services;
- Personalize the appearance of our websites or mobile apps and include location-based services such as finding the ATMs or branches nearest to you;
- Communicate with you regarding Robinsons Bank’s products and services information, including offers, promotions, discounts, rewards, advisories, and notices, and for personalizing your experience with our various touch points such as branches, ATMs, telemarketing, email, SMS, Chat Messaging Service (CMS), Social Networking Services (SNS), and other marketing and communication channels;
- Perform certain protective safeguards against improper use or abuse of our products and services, including fraud prevention;
- To utilize data analytics that will help the organization improve and develop customer experiences and assistance;
- Comply with our operational, audit, administrative, credit, and risk management processes, policies, and procedures, the terms and conditions governing our products, services, facilities, and channels, Robinsons Bank's rules and regulations, and the legal and regulatory requirements of government regulators, judicial and supervisory bodies, tax authorities, or courts of competent jurisdiction, as the same may be amended or supplemented from time to time;
- Comply with applicable laws of the Philippines and those of other jurisdictions, including the United States Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA), the laws on the prevention of money laundering, including the provisions of Republic Act No. 9160 (Anti-Money Laundering Act of 2001, as amended (AMLA), and the implementation of Know Your Customer (KYC) processes and procedures, and sanction screening checks;
- Comply with legal and regulatory requirements such as submission of data to credit bureaus, credit information companies, the Credit Information Corporation (CIC) (pursuant to RA No. 9510 and its implementing rules and regulations), responding to court orders and other instructions and requests from any local or foreign authorities, including regulatory, governmental, tax, and law enforcement authorities, or other similar authorities;
- Background checks through character reference verification; and
- Perform other such activities permitted by law or with your consent.
Further, if you already are, become, or apply to become a client of our parent company and any of our subsidiaries and affiliates, Robinsons Bank Corporation including its parent company and the subsidiary/ies and/or affiliate/s concerned have the option, but not the obligation, to rely upon, use, and share your relevant personal data and/or account information for any of the following purposes:
- to facilitate and integrate your account opening or application with the concerned subsidiary/ies or affiliate/s;
- to validate, consolidate, or update your customer information records and/or credit history;
- to provide consolidated billings, deposit or investment summaries, or other reports as you may request;
- to send you advisories, reminders, announcements, promotions, offers, invitations, and other notifications;
- for market and financial research purposes, including the sharing of data analytics to design banking, financial, securities, investment, or other related products or services for your use, as well as to improve customer experience and assistance;
- additional background checks through character reference verification; and
- to comply with a legal obligation to which Robinsons Bank or the concerned subsidiary/ies or affiliate/s is subject.
We may transfer, store, and/or process your personal data outside the Philippines pursuant to any business purpose that you have authorized or due to a legal obligation and mutual agreements with other jurisdictions in light of relevant laws and jurisprudence. In doing so, we will comply with the Data Privacy Act and its implementing rules and regulations.
Robinsons Bank Corporation may dispose of or delete in a secure manner any such personal information in the event that such personal information is not, or no longer, necessary for the Purposes. The Bank will reach out to you for additional consent before using the same personal information for other purposes.
HOW AND TO WHOM WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION (THIRD PARTIES)
Robinsons Bank Corporation will not share your personal information with third parties unless necessary for the above-mentioned Purposes and unless you give your consent thereto. Such third parties may include Robinsons Bank Corporation’s business units, parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, outsourced service providers, and other third parties. Information will be shared to ensure the following:
- Business Units – to better understand the way you use our products and services. This will allow us to improve our services and offer you opportunities to obtain other useful products and services that may deliver greater value to you;
- Parent Company, Subsidiaries, and Affiliates – to offer you additional products and services that we believe you might find interesting;
- Outsourced Service Providers – to support us in delivering our services to you. These may involve anonymous or aggregated information to help improve our products, services, and content; and
- Third Parties – this may include government regulators, judicial, supervisory bodies, tax authorities, or courts of competent jurisdiction, and in the process, they may gain additional information about you. We engage third parties for the following reasons:
- Verify your personal information
- Assist in business operations
- Complying with legal requirements such as court orders
- Addressing fraud, security, or technical issues to respond to an emergency or otherwise to protect the rights, property, or security of our customers or third parties
- Carrying out all other purposes set out above
Any personal information shared with such third parties shall also be covered by the appropriate agreement to ensure that all personal information is adequately safeguarded.
We wish to assure you that we do not, and will not, sell personal data to any third parties. All our engagements with third parties shall be fully compliant with our obligation of confidentiality imposed on us under the applicable agreements and/or terms and conditions or any applicable laws that govern our relationship with you.
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
Cookies are small pieces of text used to store information in web browsers. Cookies are used to store and receive identifiers and other information on computers, phones, and other devices. Other technologies, including data that we store on your web browser or device, identifiers associated with your device, and other software, are used for similar purposes. In this policy, we refer to all of these technologies as “cookies.”
For customers who are minors (below 18 years old), it is the responsibility of the parent/s or guardian/s to read, understand, and be bound by the Terms and Conditions. It is the parent/s or guardian/s responsibility to explain to the minor the use of the products and services. Robinsons Bank Corporation is free from liabilities that may occur from the use of the account, products, and services.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Robinsons Bank Corporation takes reasonable steps to make sure that all personal data we collect, use, or disclose are accurate, complete, and up-to-date. We have implemented technological, organizational, and physical security measures to protect your personal data against loss, misuse, modification, unauthorized or accidental access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction. We put in effect safeguards such as the following:
- We keep and protect your personal data using a secured server behind a firewall, deploying encryption on computing devices, and physical security controls;
- We restrict access to your personal data only to qualified and authorized personnel who hold your personal data with strict confidentiality;
- We train our employees to properly handle your information; and
- We require our Third Parties to protect personal information aligned with our own security standards.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Robinsons Bank Corporation would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every data subject is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – Subject to the applicable service fee, you have the right to request copies of your personal data from Robinsons Bank Corporation.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request correction of any information you believe is inaccurate. Likewise, you also have the right to update and provide additional information if you believe that the personal information we have about you is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request the erasure or deletion of your personal data under certain conditions. However, this may affect the way we provide products and services to you.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request the transfer of your personal data that we have collected to another organization or directly to you under certain conditions.
You may write to our Data Protection Officer at:
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
Robinsons Bank Corporation
17th Floor Galleria Corporate Center
EDSA corner Ortigas Avenue
Quezon City Philippines
NPC SEAL OF REGISTRATION