RBank Sign Up (Digital Account Opening) Terms and Conditions
Please read carefully the Terms and Conditions which will govern your use of the Digital Account Opening Service and/or RBank Sign Up Mobile Application of Robinsons Bank Corporation (Robinsons Bank). Your access and use of RBank Sign Up application signify your acceptance to be bound by the Terms and Conditions herein. You may print the Terms and Conditions and/or access it again in the future via the RBank Sign Up application.
A. TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Terms and Conditions herein contain the provisions applicable to your use of the RBank Sign Up Mobile Application.
- The Terms and Conditions are in addition to applicable Account Agreement and/or other rules that may apply to your Account with us. In case of conflict between the Terms and Conditions and any terms of any applicable Account Agreement and/or other rules that may apply to your Account/s, the provisions of this Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
- By using the RBank Sign Up application, you acknowledge that you have received, understood and agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions herein and by all Account Agreement and/or other rules that may apply to your Account/s with us, which shall be incorporated herein by reference.
- The Terms and Conditions herein may be amended from time to time. We will provide notice of any change, as may be required by applicable laws.
- Your access and use of the RBank Sign Up Mobile Application signifies your acceptance to be bound by the Terms and Conditions herein, and your acknowledgment and authorization to disclose relevant information to the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP), Credit Information Corporation (CIC), Credit Management Association of the Philippines (CMAP), Negative File Information System (NFIS) and/or other regulatory bodies whose reporting is mandated by law, rules and regulations. Moreover, you hereby consent to our collection, processing and data sharing of your personal information, with our parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, or third-party service providers in relation to your access and use of the RBank Sign Up Mobile Application, conformably with Republic Act No. 10173 or the Data Privacy Act of 2012.
B. Definition of Terms Used
- Account means the bank deposit and/or payroll account(s) you opened with us via the use of the RBank Sign Up Mobile Application.
- Account Agreements means the terms and conditions applicable to your Account/s.
- Terms and Conditions means provisions contained herein.
- Mobile device means a mobile phone that is able to access the RBank Sign Up Mobile Application. Your Mobile device may also be the Mobile phone you register to receive the One Time PIN (OTP).
- RBank Sign Up or Mobile Application means Digital Account Opening Service.
- We, us and our mean the Robinsons Bank.
- You and your means each person who is applying for an Account opening, an owner, signer, or has unrestricted withdrawal rights of a deposit and/or payroll account or, as applicable, a borrower under a credit account.
- One-Time Password or OTP refers to the six-digit code sent to the user’s registered mobile number needed for authentication.
- Acceptable Valid ID refers to the Valid ID currently being accepted in RBank Sign Up.
- Electronic Know-Your-Customer (eKYC) refers to the non-face-to-face facility to validate the customer’s identity thru the use of Liveness Checking and Acceptable Valid ID capturing and validation.
- Mandatory Information refers to the required information needed to open a deposit and/or payroll account such as but not limited to Personal Information, Contact Information, Address Information and Signature.
C. Access and Use
- To use the RBank Sign Up application in opening your deposit and/or payroll account with us, you must have at least one (1) Acceptable Valid ID, Mobile number and a valid email address.
- You can do the digital account opening by downloading and installing the RBank Sign Up mobile application in your mobile device.
- In order for us to establish your identity, you need to complete the eKYC process such as accomplishment of account opening form, Liveness Checking and Acceptable Valid ID capturing and validation.
- You are allowed access to the RBank Sign Up twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week. However, at certain times, the mobile application may not be available due to system maintenance, telecommunication or electrical network failure, or other causes which may be beyond our control.
- By using the RBank Sign Up application, you acknowledge that you will be liable for any misuse of your Account/s or failure to observe the Terms and Conditions herein.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that any electronic device you are using to access the RBank Sign Up application is protected and secured, ensuring that it does not have any viruses or any form of program capable of recording sensitive information.
- As part of the digital account opening process, we will send a One-Time PIN (OTP) by SMS to your registered mobile number, and you will need to promptly enter the OTP to proceed.
We recommend that you register a mobile number that is active and is used only by you.
- We do not charge you a fee for sending an OTP to your mobile phone. However, your mobile phone service provider may impose fees and charges, including fees and charges for sending and receiving SMS messages. The payment of any such fees and charges is the responsibility of the mobile phone owner.
- For ATM Savings and Regular Payroll account(s), you will need to go to your branch of account to pick up your physical ATM Card.
E. Account Maintenance
- Your deposit and/or payroll account details will be sent to your registered email address.
- You will also receive an Activation code via email to enroll your deposit and/or payroll account in our Online Banking Service.
- For unfunded regular deposit accounts, email notifications to follow up your funding will be sent via email on the 7th and 21st calendar days after the date you’ve opened your deposit account.
- Unfunded regular deposit accounts after thirty (30) calendar days will automatically be closed.
F. Contacting You Electronically
- We may use your email address and/or mobile number to advise you of any enhancement or changes on RBank Sign Up application as well as about other products and services offered by us.
- You agree that we may respond to any communication you send to us with an electronic communication, regardless of whether your original communication to us was an electronic communication. You should not rely on the email if you need to communicate with us immediately. We, therefore, strongly suggest that you report all matters requiring immediate attention (for example, reports of alleged unauthorized transfers or errors) by calling our Customer Care Center at (+632) 8637-2273. We may, however, require you to provide us with written confirmation of any verbal or electronic notice of alleged error.
- Other than alerts and verification emails and/or SMS, we will not send to you, and we strongly suggest that you do not send to us, any confidential information about your Account via the public internet as it is not necessarily secure. We will not send you email and/or SMS requesting confidential information such as account numbers, PINs, or passwords. If you receive such an email and/or SMS purportedly from us, do not respond to the email and notify us by calling our Customer Care Center or forwarding the email to us (including the header information) via our email address C3@robinsonsbank.com.ph.
G. Charges and Fees
- There is no fee for accessing the RBank Sign Up application. However, fees and charges may apply for the processing of some transactions or requests.
- We reserve the right to and may at our sole discretion, charge and revise from time to time the applicable fees in relation to your use of the RBank Sign Up application. We will give reasonable notice to you of the rates and other relevant information on any fees before they become effective provided that the variation is within our control. The obligation to give you advance notice does not apply if variations are required in an emergency or where it is not practical to give such advance notice.
- The corresponding fee will be displayed prior to processing a transaction. You may proceed or cancel the transaction at this point. The nominated funding account will be charged of the corresponding fees at the time of processing the transaction.
- You authorize us to debit your Account for all fees for the provision and/or use (authorized or unauthorized) of the deposit products opened via RBank Sign Up application.
H. Suspension and Termination
- We may deny you access to the RBank Sign Up application without giving any reason or any prior notice should we reasonably believe your access should be suspended or terminated. This includes where we believe that there is a risk of fraud or security breach.
- If we need to carry out maintenance or improvement of work for RBank Sign Up application or if we are required to do so by circumstances beyond our control, we may have to withdraw or suspend the particular service/s so that it ceases to be available to any of our customers. If we do this, we will give you prior notice by either putting a notice on our Website/App or via email, letter or SMS. We may be unable to give you prior notice if the maintenance or repair work is urgent and important or due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
I. Changes to these Conditions
- The information in this document is subject to change. We may modify, amend, or revise the Terms and Conditions herein from time to time. You will be given notice of the modifications, amendments, or revisions.
- We may give you notice in any of the following ways: a notice displayed on the log on page of RBank Sign Up application, by post, email, SMS or by any other means that we may deem necessary.
- Continued use of the RBank Sign Up application thereafter will constitute acceptance of the modifications and revised Terms and Conditions.
J. Consent to Disclosure/Provision of Information
- By applying for or using the RBank Sign Up application, you acknowledge and accept that disclosure of your Information to our Affiliates or Participants or such other third party for the purpose of providing you with the services under RBank Sign Up application. Such disclosure and use of information may be necessary or inevitable for the purposes of giving effect to any Electronic Instruction from you and/or facilitate or enable your use of the RBank Sign Up application. Failure to allow such disclosure, access to or use of your Information may result in our inability to offer or continue to offer RBank Sign Up application to you.
- You will provide us with any information or documentation that we may reasonably request relating to your use of the RBank Sign Up application and shall cooperate with us in any related investigation or litigation.
- Our authority to collect, use or disclose Information as set out in Clause 10.1 shall survive the termination of the RBank Sign Up application, and our rights and abilities under Clause 10.1 shall be in addition to and without prejudice to our other rights of disclosure pursuant to the Account Opening Terms and Conditions, Privacy and Consent Notice (PCN), and Republic Act No. 10173, otherwise known as the Data Privacy Act of 2012.
- Neither we nor any of our personnel shall be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you or any user as a result of any disclosure of any information which you have consented to us collecting, using or disclosing or where such collection, use or disclosure is allowed under the applicable laws in the Philippines.
K. Other Agreements
- You accept full responsibility for monitoring all information and transactions available to you through the RBank Sign Up application. You shall notify us immediately if you become aware of any inaccurate information in our records or instruction history. You agree that we will not be liable for any loss whatsoever if you fail to notify us of any such inaccurate information, or if you do notify us, the circumstances were such that we could not reasonably avoid or have avoided such loss from occurring.
- You agree to read and comply with the Terms and Conditions herein before availing of the digital account opening through RBank Sign Up application.
- You hold us, our stockholders, directors, officers, employees, and representatives free and harmless, as well as agree to indemnify us, from any and/or all liabilities, claims, damages, suits of whatever nature, arising out of and/or in connection with your digital account opening initiated through the RBank Sign Up application, including any errors inadvertently committed, any computer-related errors resulting to our failure to effect any transactions that you initiated through the system. We will not be held liable for any losses, resulting from circumstances beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to, failure of electronic or mechanical equipment or communication lines or other interconnection problems, severe weather, earthquakes, floods or other such events.
- You agree to waive any bank secrecy rights under Republic Act No. 1405, as amended, Republic Act 6426, as amended, Section 55.1(b) of Republic Act No. 8791 and any and all other laws on the confidentiality of bank deposits.
- All terms and conditions of your existing Savings/Current Account/s with us insofar as not inconsistent herewith shall remain in full force and effect.
- You agree that where particular transactions, products and services are subject to specific terms and conditions that you entered into with us, insofar as not inconsistent herewith, or that are applicable from time to time, such terms and conditions shall take precedence.
- This arrangement shall be governed by all applicable rules and regulations of the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP).
- The Terms and Conditions that you entered into herein, together with the addenda, schedules, other written agreements and applicable rules and regulations of Robinsons Bank represent your common understanding and agreement thereto. If any portion in this Terms and Conditions is found to be unenforceable, all remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
By clicking on the Submit button, you acknowledge that you have read, fully understood, and agreed to be governed by the Terms and Conditions herein. You further provide consent and authorization to the collection, use, processing, and data sharing of your personal information by the Bank, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, and third-party service providers in relation to this Agreement and other products and services of the Bank, subject to the provisions of Republic Act No. 10173 or the Data Privacy Act of 2012.
I have read, fully understood and agreed to the Terms and Conditions herein. I further consent and authorize the Bank, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, and third party service providers to the collection, use, processing, and data sharing of my personal information in relation to this Agreement and other products and services of the Bank, subject to the provisions of Republic Act No. 10173 or the Data Privacy Act of 2012.